Monday, October 16, 2023

Blogging Notice

Note to regular readers:

I have written more than 1,500 Art Contrarian posts since 2010.  I am about to turn 84 years old, and no longer follow the art world except casually.  That means I'm finding it difficult to come up with topics for posts.  Besides, I've said most of what I want to say on the subject.

So, rather than posting to a fixed schedule, I've decided to post whenever I feel the need to do so, much like David Apatoff does for his excellent Illustration Art blog.

Besides the occasional blogging here, I'll continue to post regularly on my Car Style Critic blog that deals with automobile styling and history, subjects I follow closely.

Thank you for your interest in Art Contrarian.

5 comments:

Sam Vega said...

I think I've read over 90% of those posts since you started, and Monday mornings won't be the same for me. I don't know a great deal about art, but I always appreciated having my mental universe expanded a little bit by a man who clearly knows and loves his subject.

Thank you, and all the best.

S.

karlsimon said...

Thank you for all the posts so far!

I have discovered alot of artists thanks to you.

I will be going through the archive of articles here in between your more sporadic future updates. Plenty to read!

all the best,
Simon

Donald Pittenger said...

Sam and Karl -- Thank you for your kind remarks and for following this blog.

Norman Boyd said...

A very honest post and thanks for all the previous ones. I'll catch any new ones when you post, but fully understand the choice to move on and respect you more for it.

Donald Pittenger said...

Norman -- I greatly appreciate your thoughts.

David -- Truth is, I should have switched over to your blogging style a couple years ago. Thank you for your encouragement. Means a lot to me.